How to style mixed-race hair
Starting with your hair cut, it’s important to find a style that suits your mixed-race hair. Wavy or curly mix-race hair can be styled in a variety of ways, from natural to chic. To achieve the look you want, follow these simple steps:
1. Choose a hairstyle that will complement your face shape and features. For example, if you have square features, go for a straight style. If you have round features, opt for a curly style.
2. Choose a hairstyle that will flatter your natural hair texture. Curly or wavy mixed-race hair should not be chemically straightened or treated with heat products because this can damage the hair and cause it to become dry and frizzy.
3. Choose a hairstyle that will stay in place throughout the day. Hair should be styled using products that lightweight and won’t make your hair greasy or oily.
Here are some tips for styling mixed-race hair:
1. Apply a leave-in conditioner to damp hair before styling.
2. Blow-dry your hair using a round brush or a ceramic curling wand, starting at the roots and working your way up.
3. Style your curls using a curling iron, using a section at a time and repeating as necessary to achieve the desired look.
4. Use a hot brush to add volume to your hair and create waves or curls.
5. For an extra boost of glamour, use a high Shine serum, gel, or hairspray to enhance the natural sheen of your hair.
How to keep mixed-race hair looking its best
Now that you have learned how to cut mixed-race hair, it is essential to keep the hair looking its best. Here are a few tips to follow:
1. Use tools and products that are specifically designed for mixed-race hair.
2. Avoid using hot tools on your hair, as this can damage the hair.
3. Protect your hair from humidity and heat by keeping it in a dry environment or using a thermal protection system.
4. Style your hair using natural methods, as over-styling can cause the hair to become frizzy and damaged.
5. Keep a healthy balance in your beauty routine by incorporating other treatments, like masks or toners, into your weekly routine.